Head Start of Beaver County
First Presbyterian Church partners with Head Start of Beaver County to provide space for the children of Beaver Falls to learn and grow. Head Start describes their program in this way:
Funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Head Start, the Beaver County Head Start/Early Head Start programs serve families with children between the ages of 6 weeks and age five. Beaver County Early Head Start offers classroom and childcare based options. Beaver County Head Start offers both home and classroom based options. Classrooms are strategically located throughout Beaver County to best meet the needs of the families we serve.
As a Head Start/Early Head Start program, we promote age-appropriate:
- Physical development and health
- Social and emotional development
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Effective approaches to learning
- Language development
- Literacy knowledge and skills
- Mathematics knowledge and skills (e.g., understanding what numbers represent)
- Science knowledge and skills (e.g., using senses to gather information and observe)
- Creative arts expression
- Social studies knowledge and skills (e.g., understanding and respecting differences among people)
- English language development
We work with families to ensure that children enter kindergarten ready to learn and succeed!